This is a continuation of my 52-Weeks of 1200-Calorie Menus. This week’s menu is 1151 Calories every day. I absolutely loved the chickpea salad recipe and looked forward to eating it every day. The peanut butter dip is a great compromise between my love for peanut butter and keeping the calorie count under control. See within for a grocery list, preparation, recipes, and macros.
Step One : Decide which of these items you will need to pick up at the store. Arranged roughly by department for your convenience.
- Fruits & Vegetables:
- 3.5 Bananas
- 3.5 Apples
- 1 Large Container Blueberries (or 2 Small)
- 1 lemons
- 1 cucumber
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 medium red onion
- 1 Package Fresh Dill
- 1 Package Celery hearts
- 1 Package Baby Carrots
- 1 Package Broccoli and Cabbage Slaw Mix
- 1 Package Hummus (Your favorite flavor)
- 1 Package Skip the Sandwich wraps
- 1 Large Package Oscar Meyer Smoked Turkey Slices
- Dairy Coolers:
- 1 Carton Half and Half
- 1 Large Carton Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 cup crumbled Feta Cheese
- 1 Packaged Garlic and Herb Laughing Cow Cheese
- 1 Carton Egg Whites
- Dry Goods:
- 2 (15-ounce.) cans Chickpeas
- 3.5 cans Green Beans
- 1 Package Lipton soup mix
- 1 Case Beer (your favorite kind)
- 1 Case Diet Pop or Sparkling Water (your favorite kind)
- 1 Container Simply JIF Peanut Butter (Less sodium and sugar)
- 1 Container Honey
- 1 Container Coffee (Your favorite flavor)
- 1 Container Truvia
- 1 Container Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Container Salt
- 1 Container Pepper
- 1 Container Cinnamon
- 1 Container Almond Extract
- Household Goods
- (21) – 4 oz. Reusable Snack Containers
- (35) – 9 oz. Reusable Containers
- Saran Wrap
Step Two : As soon as you get home from the store, you can start making your meals, and repackaging your goods into single servings. I know it seems like overkill, but trust me, it’s worth it. It’ll help you stick with the menu when you’re feeling weak-willed. Weak will + Laziness = Cheat City.
- 7 – 4 oz. Containers / Peanut Butter Dip (recipe below)
- 2 – Saran Wrap / .5 Apple (cut a new apple in half every two days)
- 7 – 9 oz. Containers / Chickpea Salad with Feta and Dill (recipe below)
- 7 – 9 oz. Containers / Celery and Carrot Packs (2 celery stalks, 4 baby carrots)
- 7 – 4 oz. Containers / Hummus Containers (2 tablespoon dollops)
- 2 – 9 oz. Containers / .5 Can of Canned Green Beans each (open a new can every two days)
- 7 – Saran Wrap / Individually-wrapped Wraps
- 7 – 9 oz. Containers / Broccoli Slaw Containers (Evenly divide up seven ways)
- 7 – 9 oz. Containers / Turkey Slices Containers (Evenly divide up seven ways)
- 7 – 4 oz. Containers / Blueberry Containers (Evenly divide up seven ways)
When you get done with this step, your fridge will be full of little containers. Good news: it’s mostly coasting from here until your next trip to the store.
Calories / Macros Breakdown
Here is a breakdown of the entire menu for the week. Follow this same meal-plan for seven days.
|.5 Apple with Peanut Butter Dip, 1 serving||123||16||9||4||3||12|
|Black Coffee with Cream and Truvia – Half and half, 1.5 fl oz||59||2||1||5||0||0|
|Chickpea Salad with Feta and Dill, 1 serving||256||23||9||15||5||7|
|Carrots, Celery & Hummus, 1 serving||115||14||3||5||5||5|
|Diet Dr. Pepper, 20oz||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|Libby’s – Canned Green Beans, 1 cup||40||8||2||0||4||4|
|Turkey Wraps with Cheese Spread and Broccoli Salad, 1 serving||217||22||19||8||8||6|
|Banana Egg White Pancake, 1 serving||109||20||6||0||2||5|
|Summit – Saga IPA, 12 oz||192||0||0||0||0||0|
|Lipton Soup Mix in Hot Water, 1 tbsp||40||5||2||1||1||4|
I give 100% credit to the users that originally published these recipes, but I wanted to copy-paste them into my blog so that they remain for as long as I continue using this menu plan. Websites come an go, and I’d be heartbroken to lose a favorite recipe.
Peanut Butter Dip
This is a little recipe I made up myself. I make each serving individually in a 4 oz. snack cup. Measure out ingredients and don’t bother mixing it until it’s time to eat.
1/4 c. Plain Greek Yogurt
1.5 tsp Simply Jif Peanut Butter
Dash of cinnamon
Drop of almond extract (careful – very easy to overdo)
Dash of Truvia
Chickpea Salad with Feta and Dill
This is a great recipe that makes a ton of food. Fill at least seven 9 oz. containers, but you will probably have more than that. It can be emergency “hangover” food if you aren’t able to get to the store as soon as this week’s menu ends. Recipe Source
⅓ cup, extra virgin Olive Oil
juice from 1 lemons
zest the lemon and incorporate into the salad
1 teaspoon honey
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
2 (15-ounce.) cans Chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1 cucumbers, chopped
1 large red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
1 pint cherry tomatoes
1 medium white onion, chopped
1 cup, crumbled Feta Cheese
3-4 tablespoons fresh dill
In a medium bowl, or 16-ounce mason jar, mix together the olive oil, lemon juice,lemon zest, honey, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
In a large bowl mix together chickpeas, cucumbers, red bell pepper, cherry tomatoes, red onion, feta, and dill.
Pour dressing over the top of the salad and mix together well.
Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 days.
Add a pinch of salt and mix again.
Serve cold on it’s own or as a side.
So incredibly easy to make and pretty damn tasty with volume and crunch. Recipe Source
1 wedge of Laughing Cow cheese spread all over
1 container of your prepared broccoli kale slaw mix
1 container of your prepared turkey slices
Egg White and Banana Pancake With Blueberry Garnish
Honestly, this ends up being more of a scrambled egg than a pancake, but still very tasty. I might experiment with other recipe options later. Recipe Source
1/4 cup egg whites
.5 small banana mashed up
Stevia drops optional or sweetener of choice, cinnamon, vanilla extract, 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- Mash one half until smooth in a small bowl, add egg whites. Whisk in cinnamon, stevia and vanilla extract if desired.
- Grease pan with cooking spray or butter. Pour mix into the pan and then turn on the heat to medium (careful not to turn it up too high or pancake with char before it’s set). Let pancake set while the pan and pancake heat up. After about 5 minutes (when the pancake is almost set), spray with cooking oil spray and flip.