This is a continuation of my 52-Weeks of 1200-Calorie Menus. This week’s menu is 960 Calories every day, which is too low. I think I might have miscalculated my foods because it didn’t feel like so few calories. I’ll use this menu again and come back to this post and adjust it slightly if I need to. This one might be my favorite yet. The banana yogurt was creamy and savory. The pizza wrap fulfilled my desperate craving for pizza. And the pickle-cream-cheese with ham wraps make a fantastic snack. See within for a grocery list, preparation, recipes, and macros.
Step One : Decide which of these items you will need to pick up at the store. Arranged roughly by department for your convenience.
- Fruits & Vegetables:
- 2 Containers Strawberries
- 3.5 Bananas
- 1 Package Celery hearts
- 1 Package Baby Carrots
- 1 Package Organic Spinach
- 1 Handful of bulk Chia Seeds
- 1 Package Hummus (Your favorite flavor)
- 1 Package Skip the Sandwich wraps (Tomato Basil)
- 1 Large Package Oscar Meyer Smoked Ham Slices
- 1 Package Turkey Pepperoni
- 1 Package Jennie-O Turkey Meatballs (frozen)
- Dairy Coolers:
- 1 Carton Half and Half
- 1 Large Carton Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 Package Garlic and Herb Laughing Cow Cheese
- 1 Package Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 1 Package Laughing Cow Cheese Original
- Frozen Foods
- 2 Bags Cauliflower
- Dry Goods:
- 3.5 cans Green Beans
- 1 Jar of Small Pickle Spears
- 1 Jar of Marinara Sauce
- 1 Package Lipton soup mix
- 1 Case Beer (your favorite kind)
- 1 Case Diet Pop or Sparkling Water (your favorite kind)
- 1 Container Coffee (Your favorite flavor)
- 1 Container Truvia
- 1 Container Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1 Bag Brown Sugar
- Household Goods
- (35) – 4 oz. Reusable Snack Containers
- (35) – 9 oz. Reusable Containers
- Saran Wrap
Step Two : As soon as you get home from the store, you can start making your meals, and repackaging your goods into single servings. I know it seems like overkill, but trust me, it’s worth it. It’ll help you stick with the menu when you’re feeling weak-willed. Weak will + Laziness = Cheat City.
- 7 – 4 oz. Containers / Chocolate Yogurt with Chia Seeds (recipe below)
- 7 – Saran Wrap / Individually-wrapped Wraps
- 7 – 4 oz. Containers / Marinara Sauce Containers
- 7 – 9 oz. Containers / Pepperoni Slices (Evenly divide up seven ways) Sprinkle of Parmesan, Fill the rest with spinach
- 7 – 9 oz. Containers / Celery and Carrot Packs (2 celery stalks, 4 baby carrots)
- 7 – 4 oz. Containers / Hummus Containers (2 tablespoon dollops)
- 2 – 9 oz. Containers / .5 Can of Canned Green Beans each (open a new can every two days)
- 7 – 9 oz. Containers / Ham Slices Containers (Evenly divide up seven ways)
- 7 – 4 oz. Containers / Pickle Containers (match number of ham slices in previous)
- 7 – 9 oz. Containers / Strawberry Containers (Evenly divide up seven ways)
- 7 – 4 oz. Containers / Yogurt Containers with 1T. Brown Sugar
When you get done with this step, your fridge will be full of little containers. Good news: it’s mostly coasting from here until your next trip to the store.
Calories / Macros Breakdown
Here is a breakdown of the entire menu for the week. Follow this same meal-plan for seven days.
|Breakfast: Chocolate Yogurt with Chia Seeds and a .5 Banana|
|Plain Greek Yogurt, 0.25 cup||25||2||5||0||0||2|
|Chia Seed, 1 tsp||20||2||1||1||2||0|
|Unsweetened Cocoa Powder, 1 Tbsp||15||3||1||1||2||0|
|Coffee and Half and half, 1.5 fl oz||59||2||1||5||0||0|
|Lunch: Pizza Wraps|
|Tomato Basil Low-Carb Wrap||90||14||9||2||8||0|
|Hormel Turkey Pepperoni Slices, 8 slices||70||0||9||4||0||0|
|Marinara Sauce, 1.5 tbsp||15||1||0||2||0||1|
|Laughing Cow Garlic & Herb, 1 triangle||35||1||2||2||0||1|
|Raw Spinach, 1 cup||7||1||1||0||1||0|
|Carrots, Celery & Hummus, 1 serving||115||14||3||5||5||5|
|Jennie-O Turkey Meatballs, 3 meatballs||180||2||16||13||0||1|
|Canned Green Beans, 1 cup||35||7||2||0||4||4|
|Cauliflower, 1 cup||25||4||2||0||2||2|
|Laughing Cow Garlic Cheese, 1 triangle||30||1||3||2||0||1|
|Oscar Meyer Deli Smoked Ham, 6 slices||50||0||9||2||0||0|
|Kosher Dill Pickle Spear, 390 g||30||6||0||0||6||0|
|Strawberries halves, 1 cup||49||12||1||0||3||7|
|Plain Greek yogurt, 0.25 cup||25||2||5||0||0||2|
|Brown Sugar, 1 tbsp||52||13||0||0||0||13|
I give 100% credit to the users that originally published these recipes, but I wanted to copy-paste them into my blog so that they remain for as long as I continue using this menu plan. Websites come an go, and I’d be heartbroken to lose a favorite recipe.
Chocolate Chia Yogurt with a Banana
This is a little recipe I made up myself. I make each serving individually in a 4 oz. snack cup. Measure out ingredients and don’t bother mixing it until it’s time to eat. Eat the yogurt with a half of a banana.
1/4 c. Plain Greek Yogurt
.5 tsp Unsweetend Cocoa Powder
1 tsp Chia Seeds
Dash of Truvia
I saw this one on r/1200isplenty subreddit, but lost the original user. Super easy to prepare, and if you’ve already portioned out your ingredients in the earlier step, then you’re pretty much ready to go!
Tomato Basil low-carb wrap
Spread one wedge of Garlic and Herb Laughing Cow cheese over the middle
Spread marinara sauce over the middle
Pull out the pepperoni and cheese and arrange down the middle
Microwave this part for 30 seconds
Now your wrap is warm and you can put your spinach in
Wrap up and eat!
This is quick twist on an old family holiday favorite.
Spread a bit of cheese on a slice of ham
Wrap around a little pickle
Strawberries With Brown Sugar Yogurt
This is another one that came from r/1200isplenty, but lost the original user. Woah! This dessert is amazing! Tastes like ice cream!
.25 c. plain greek yogurt
1 cup of strawberries, halved
1 T. brown sugar over all.